Poison Ivy

There is a lot of poison ivy around the Black Hills area. Poison ivy may cause itching and very painful Rashes. If you’re going to the bathroom in the wilderness make sure you’re not around any poison ivy. Make sure you don’t get it in your fire if you inhale the smoke it may cause severe inflammation of the lungs. I have posted some pictures of this plant so that you know what to look out for. Here are some tips on what to do if you come into contact with it. Remember what they say. Leaves of three let them be….Berries white run in fright.

  • Wash your skin off as soon as possible it can take up to 2 hours before it starts affecting you
  • Rinse off your skin before you use soap. Soap can spread it around.
  • Use cold water
  • Let the affected area air dry
  • Wash your hands
  • Try to keep all clothing that could have poison ivy on it separate.
  • Keep the area clean
  • Don’t scratch I know it sucks but try not to scratch
  • If it’s really bad seek professional help

Whatever you do DON’T EVER SMOKE POISON IVY OR PUT IT ON A FIRE!

2 thoughts on “Poison Ivy”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *